From KALW 91.7 City Visions:
Contingent, adjunct or part-time professors make up the majority of faculty nationwide, yet many labor under difficult if not harsh conditions -- including low pay, lack of resources and minimal job security. As the slogan goes, teachers’ working conditions are students’ learning conditions. What is this emergent labor movement working to make visible, transform and achieve?
Share your stories by calling in during the program at 415.841.4134, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or posting a comment here anytime. We count on your participation! Monday, November 10 at 7 pm.
- Maria Maisto, president, New Faculty Majority
- Joe Berry, labor historian, and chair of the Coalition of Contingent Academic Labor
- Cynthia Mahabir, Laney College faculty, Peralta Federation of Teachers
- Christian Nagler, organizer, SF Art Institute
- Craig Flanery, special projects director for The New Faculty Majority and national coordinator for Campus Equity Week
To hear the broadcast after it has aired, click here.